Friday, June 13

End of the year school stuff...

When Matthew was in 7th grade we attended an awards ceremony and Matthew received an award for getting a 3.5+. Reece watched some of the kids get the presidential award for fitness and said to himself, I'm going to get that too. Well, he did it and we're so proud of him. He's been working really hard all year to stay in shape and not eat junk. He broke the school record for pull-ups, I think he did 30, and here he is getting his award (he also got a certificate for getting a 3.5+ :)



Can you believe we are about to have a sophomore in the house? Matthew's last 9th grade concert was Wednesday and it was nice. He has one about every other month but now they're done! He's signed up for choir next year too and I'm happy he enjoys it. Mr. Riggs teaches at the Jr High and the High school so he already knows Matthew and if he sticks with it I know he can be in vocal jazz like I was - it's so fun! Last year they went to Disneyland to sing - I wonder if Matthew would mind me chaperoning? :)

Today's Friday and I don't feel good. We've got some kind of cold going thru the house and I think I'm just run down with everything that's been going on. But with Father's day this weekend, kids piano recital on Monday, my 3-day yard sale next weekend, plus 2 parties to sew purses from I don't have time to get sick! I'll just pop the meds and hope for the best. Look for video of the recital next week - all 4 kids are getting really good, it's so fun to watch. But I cannot lie - I'll be really happy when we get a break from practicing!

No comments: