We recently have been suffering with a mole in our yard, leaving trails all around my flowers and dirt mounds in the grass. Kurt takes great care of his grass, so he immediately set out to destroy the small pest. My dad provided us with traps, Kurt set them up and we patiently waited. A week later, more dirt mounds had appeared in the grass, and the traps remained untouched. One morning Kurt and I were spying on the little stinker from our bathroom window, and saw one trap move a little, then more mounds appear right before our eyes. We quickly ran downstairs and out the door hoping to catch him in the act. Later that day the dirt mounds were moving again, so Kurt ran and got a shovel and... yes, he got the mole. Gross, I know. The kids were fascinated with the size of its paws.


2 comments:
Great job, no more holes in the grass!! I showed Tea the mole...her response was, "I love moles, they're nice, they don't bite me, they chase me alot. I love moles, where's my mole? Let's go see him outside, let's meet him outside". I didn't have the heart to tell her your mole is dead=-) Hope you guys are having a great one!
My cousin who is 3 1/2 helped my grandpa catch a gopher and in the picture he is holding with his hands. Nice job Kurt!!!!!!!
Post a Comment