
The day has finally come. Our Matthew is 16. I have mixed feelings about this, I miss my little Matthew who had endless energy and that lovely high voice. BUT I love my Matthew now. He's such a sweet young man who tries so hard to do what is right. He's smart and kind. It's so fun to hang out talking with him and listening to his brilliant ideas. I marvel at what his future holds. I know our years with him in our home are disappearing too fast - I'm tearing up just writing about it! We love you Matthew and we're so proud of you.
16 years ago I was desperate to have this baby. He was 10 days late and all the ladies in our ward were giving me advice on how to start labor. So, the night of the 12th I was on my hands and knees mopping my little single-wide mobile home kitchen floor. Kurt was around the corner in the family room playing nintendo, I believe it was Metroid. I'm
scrubbing
scrubbing
scrubbing
away and my water broke all over my clean floor. I had NO idea there would be SO MUCH! I calmly told Kurt my water broke and he jumped up from his game and we were both pretty freaked out. He called the hospital and I got my bag, surprised that the water just keeps coming, and out the door I went looking like I'd wet my pants. Once at the hospital they had me walk to get the contractions started.
walk
walk
walk
for 12 hours. Not 1 contraction. So they hooked me up to patosin and BAM there they were. My whole family was there playing cards, using my tummy for a table. My dad sat by the monitor and let me know when another contraction was on the way, and we quickly removed the cards and Kurt held my hand and rubbed my back. 12 hours later I was at a 1.5 - 2. 24 hours after your water breaks there's a greater risk for infection, so they started prepping for the c-section. I remember being scared but excited to meet my little man. They rolled me into the operating room and the difference from the lovely birthing room was even more scary. Wallpaper and flowers, to steel and bright lights. After they got me on the table and all ready to go, Kurt came in and sat right by my head holding my hand again. They hung a curtain in front of my face, landing about at my shoulders so I couldn't see anything. Kurt, however, had a great view and wanted to make sure I couldn't feel what he was seeing - he's so sweet. Pretty soon the doctors told me I would feel some pressure and then there was that beautiful cry. Tears immediately sprung to my eyes and I couldn't wait to see him. Kurt left to help clean him up and brought him over. I remember kissing his perfectly round face before they took him away again. As soon as I was alone I fell asleep and woke up in my recovery room with this little man next to me. Isn't he sweet?


1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16 years ago I was desperate to have this baby. He was 10 days late and all the ladies in our ward were giving me advice on how to start labor. So, the night of the 12th I was on my hands and knees mopping my little single-wide mobile home kitchen floor. Kurt was around the corner in the family room playing nintendo, I believe it was Metroid. I'mscrubbing
scrubbing
scrubbing
away and my water broke all over my clean floor. I had NO idea there would be SO MUCH! I calmly told Kurt my water broke and he jumped up from his game and we were both pretty freaked out. He called the hospital and I got my bag, surprised that the water just keeps coming, and out the door I went looking like I'd wet my pants. Once at the hospital they had me walk to get the contractions started.
walk
walk
walk
for 12 hours. Not 1 contraction. So they hooked me up to patosin and BAM there they were. My whole family was there playing cards, using my tummy for a table. My dad sat by the monitor and let me know when another contraction was on the way, and we quickly removed the cards and Kurt held my hand and rubbed my back. 12 hours later I was at a 1.5 - 2. 24 hours after your water breaks there's a greater risk for infection, so they started prepping for the c-section. I remember being scared but excited to meet my little man. They rolled me into the operating room and the difference from the lovely birthing room was even more scary. Wallpaper and flowers, to steel and bright lights. After they got me on the table and all ready to go, Kurt came in and sat right by my head holding my hand again. They hung a curtain in front of my face, landing about at my shoulders so I couldn't see anything. Kurt, however, had a great view and wanted to make sure I couldn't feel what he was seeing - he's so sweet. Pretty soon the doctors told me I would feel some pressure and then there was that beautiful cry. Tears immediately sprung to my eyes and I couldn't wait to see him. Kurt left to help clean him up and brought him over. I remember kissing his perfectly round face before they took him away again. As soon as I was alone I fell asleep and woke up in my recovery room with this little man next to me. Isn't he sweet?


1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
14
No comments:
Post a Comment