Friday night we took the kids to Olive Garden.


Saturday Kurt gave me a bunch of options of what we could do. We ate lunch at Panera Bread and saw "New in Town". It was a cute movie - I liked it. Then we went shoe shopping, my fave.After that we met my parents and my brother and his wife in Seattle for dinner at Benihana. 

It had been a while since we ate there and it's so delicious!


After we were completely stuffed we walked for a while and did some shopping. We had to digest for our dessert at Icon Grill. It's really fun in there.
They have the best hot fudge sundae's. They're HUGE and scrumptious. 3 big scoops of ice cream in a sugar cookie bowl with a sugar cookie cone filled with their hot fudge. They come around with toppings and dump them on top. My favorite is the candied almonds. YUM! I can never finish it all but it's oh so good.
Sunday my mom had the whole family down for dinner and cake. It's just lovely not to have to cook.
My Grammy is moving and my dad has been helping her get rid of stuff in her storage. Somehow Mitchell ended up with this lovely, hand carved masterpiece and lovingly gave it to me for my birthday. I didn't think my dad should be parted with it, since his uncle made it. I found an empty wall in their house and hung it up before we left... I'm not sure if mom or dad have noticed yet!
I had to post this picture. Look at these handsome boys! They are all growing up so fast.




They have the best hot fudge sundae's. They're HUGE and scrumptious. 3 big scoops of ice cream in a sugar cookie bowl with a sugar cookie cone filled with their hot fudge. They come around with toppings and dump them on top. My favorite is the candied almonds. YUM! I can never finish it all but it's oh so good.
My Grammy is moving and my dad has been helping her get rid of stuff in her storage. Somehow Mitchell ended up with this lovely, hand carved masterpiece and lovingly gave it to me for my birthday. I didn't think my dad should be parted with it, since his uncle made it. I found an empty wall in their house and hung it up before we left... I'm not sure if mom or dad have noticed yet!
I had to post this picture. Look at these handsome boys! They are all growing up so fast. From L-R: Sean (almost 15), Scott (15), Reece (14), Harrison (almost 18!), Matthew (16).

Compare them to THESE boys! Oh my goodness! These were crazy days of hyper cousins, but so fun. 13 years ago, but it seems like this picture was just taken. Think about what they'll be like in another 13 years. 
Look at Reester! I want to squeeze him!
My birthday fun isn't over yet... Kurt gave me the best present. I get to go to California and visit my friend Brooke tomorrow! I can't wait - it's been a few years since we've seen each other and gotten to play. I get home Sunday night.
L-R: Harrison (4), Scott (2), Sean (1), Matthew (2), Reece (1)
My birthday fun isn't over yet... Kurt gave me the best present. I get to go to California and visit my friend Brooke tomorrow! I can't wait - it's been a few years since we've seen each other and gotten to play. I get home Sunday night.So last night Kurt took me out to dinner again, we just love to go out and were having with drawls I guess. We went to Claim Jumper and I got my yummy salmon dinner I love so much. We had a good time and were talking on our way to the car, and were shocked to find the drivers side window shattered. Glass was EVERYWHERE, clear to the passengers seat. Our beautiful new car. Ahh! It's so frustrating. We didn't have anything super expensive in the car, which is good. They took some iPod cords and the owners manual. (???) We only can figure they were in a hurry and it was in a little black book that looked like a purse or something that might have money in it. The nice manager of the restaurant brought us out a broom so we could clean up some of the glass and plastic for the window. So now the car is in the shop waiting for a new window and they noticed some damage to the door as well. It'll get fixed up and be fine, we know it's a risk having a new car but it's still a pain. We were trying to remember how many times this has happened to us and it's way too many! This is definately one of our tests in life.
1. We were in Spokane for a wedding years ago and went to a movie. We came out to find the drivers window of our van shattered and the stereo gone. I think there were 2 other cars broken into as well. We all waited for the police for 2 hours and of course they can do nothing. Let me tell you how much fun it was driving the 5 hours home with plastic on the window!
2. Our green Tahoe and Kurt's Mustang were both broken into in our driveway the same night. It was weird because the night before we heard both car alarms go off but nothing was wrong. Our neighbors car alarms went off too. So we think they had a clicker thing and were testing what cars it worked on because nothing was broken, the door was just left open. I think they took some CD's and Kurt's laptop/blackberry thingy. Again, we waited for the police but nothing came of it.
3. Last summer the drivers lock on the green Tahoe was broken while we were camping. They took Kurt's whole bag with his wallet. Not fun.
4. Last night. We didn't call the police because there's no way they can do anything and it's a pain waiting for them.

Kurt was driving home after we got the window patched up. As you can tell from the picture it was impossible to see out to the left. So I was his eyes for looking left, checking out the front window. We were waiting at a stop sign to turn right and I looked to the left and saw it was clear. There was another truck turning left onto the road we were on so he blocked our view for a minute. I looked again and didn't see any headlights. I said it was fine and Kurt was going to go, but the spirit told him no. He was going to go again but it said if you go, you'll die - stop! So he stopped at the same time I saw head lights and I said stop! and a car flew by us. It would've slammed right into Kurt's side. This all happened so fast and I'm so thankful to Heavenly Father for that warning and for Kurt being in tune with the spirit. Like I said before, oh how I love him!
1 comment:
You haven't had great luck with cars and robbery, have you? => I'm sorry that your car was broken into, but I'm so glad that you were both protected. How blessed are we to have the Holy Ghost! I'm so glad that you had such a great birthday, and have fun in California.
Post a Comment