Wednesday, August 27

Happy Anniversary

It's hard to believe we've been married for 16 years. I'm so proud of us for making it through some pretty hard times, just the 2 of us, knowing that we were meant to be together. It has flown by with the fun craziness of having babies, moving, switching jobs, raising those babies and just life I suppose. Now we're surrounded by 4 big kids and we still feel like kids ourselves. In honor of today, here's 16 reasons why I love Kurt - but narrowing it to only 16 is a bit tricky...1. He makes me laugh, and has since day one. AND we have fun laughing together.
2. Even though he likes a plan, he can push that aside and be spontaneous with me.
3. He was so sweet with our babies, and such a good, patient dad to our kids now.
4. I can trust him completely.
5. He's the hardest worker I know.
6. He has a sixth sense about me. He knows when I'm on the edge and he'll take over for me.
7. He'll watch girly movies with me.
8. He'll shop with me.
9. He honors his priesthood.
10. He takes me on a date EVERY week.
11. He tells me he loves me EVERY morning before he goes to work.
12. He holds my hand when we go for walks.13. He supports me in whatever I do.
14. Whatever I make for dinner, he likes it and appreciates it.
15. No matter how crazy busy he is at work he takes time to sit and talk to me.
16. He's so dang handsome and he's my best friend. (I know that's 2, but I just had to squeeze those in there!) I love you Kurt!

3 comments:

Cody and Tiff said...

Happy Anniversary!!! What a great post, it made me teary eyed=-) Congrats and best wishes to you both!!!

Julie said...

Happy Anniversary Megan! You guys sure do belong together. Almost made me cry looking at all those pictures. What a gem you have in him and he in you. Love you guys....!

Brooke said...

You guys are amazing, such a success story. I am so proud of both of you (not in a grandmotherly way, just in a "look how cool my best friend and her husband are" kind of way.

Meg, I'm so sorry I never donated. I've had the form in my stack of to dos forever. I just finally turned in the pre-inspection on my house and changed my address today. I'm so behind. Also, I am trying to think of which memory to share. I know it is going to be a novel. I was thinking about Ed. Week. Wouldn't it be a blast to do that again sometime? You know, without the lifeguards and the cute boys and Jack Marshall and the dance at the end?

Julie, great to know you're on here!