Monday, June 8

Catching up...

Nothing wonderful has been going on here lately. We're just trying to get through the last 2 weeks of school and still maintain some level of sanity. Last week was crazy with something going on every night:


Sunday night was the Pioneer Trek kick-off fireside. They had 1/2 the gym closed off in the stake center, don't ask why, and it was about a million degrees in there. But the fireside was good and it got the boys excited for Trek.

Monday we saw Up for family night. Pretty good, we didn't expect it to be so sad! It was very touching, Tayler and I misted up a little... yes, over a cartoon.

Tuesday was Matthew's last concert of the year. It was good, but the high school doesn't have a theater so we sit in the cafeteria with the kids singing on the same level as us. Not the greatest view and the sound stinks. One of the middle schools has a great auditorium and I love it when the concerts are there.
Wednesday was Kenzie's award ceremony and if we thought the church gym was hot, lets add about 50 degrees and 500 people, and throw in a 90+ degree day shall we? The high school gym was UNBEARABLE and this thing lasts a good hour and a half. Where was the air conditioning??? I felt so wet walking out of there I was afraid it looked like I had an accident... I think Kenzie had fun though and ice cream afterwards made it all better. I love, love, LOVE taking pics of Kenzie and her friends, it drives them nuts!




Thursday is piano day and Tayler had activity days. Not as hectic, but it's still something we had to do.

Friday was our wards Primary talent show and Kenzie's concert at the same time. Don't you love that? Kurt took Kenzie because I was accompanying 3 kids at the talent show. She sang in small groups and awards were given out. I really wanted Kurt to record it for me and I would have Matthew record Tayler. Alas, the camera's battery was left on the charger so he got the audio only. I couldn't get too upset having forgotten to charge the battery once and left the memory card home another time this year. Not a good camera year for us. Matthew did get Tayler playing her song.



After the talent show I had to set up for our Simple Saturday that was the next morning. Can I just say I don't like being in charge of things? I really don't. I am capable of stepping up and doing it, but nope, I don't like it. This Simple Saturday was half way planned when I got this calling so I think that made it harder for some reason. Taking over right in the middle of things? I don't know, I think it will be better when I can plan something from the beginning.

Saturday was our Stakes 10K, an hour before Simple Saturday started. I was really nervous for this I think because the last race I was in was when I was Matthew's age. But I made it the whole 6.25 miles and improved my time by 10 minutes so I was happy. Then I booked home, showered and booked to the church and made it there for the end and to help clean up. It went well and I think the ladies had a good time. When I got home I said "hi" to my family and crawled into bed for a delicious nap.


These busy evenings capped off busy days... I'm tired. I did get to the temple though and took my camera. I really need to take a class but I think this one turned out well -

What do you think? Is it blow-up-and-frame worthy?

Thankfully this week is much less hectic... the only things are Tayler Lynn turning 10 tomorrow which is too fun to be called hectic. Friday morning is the seminary breakfast (which I really don't want to help with... am I evil?) Friday night is Tayler's party and the Young Women's fundraiser dinner. Saturday is Maple Valley Days so we'll go to the parade and give the kids money to blow on elephant ears but that's fun too. Phew! Bring on SUMMER! 2 little weeks to go!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Holy Cow! I thought my week had been busy. I love the picture, definitely frameworthy.