Friday, December 18

Spirit of Christ



I love this video. I feel so crazy sometimes, like I'm losing my mind. I can't remember the simplest things - like where I put my phone or keys or stamps : ( The kids have something every night and Kurt is the busiest he's ever been at work. Add homework, piano, church stuff, running to the store a gajillion times, a project we have going on upstairs and a million other things it seems. I think in the past couple weeks the only day we've sat down together for dinner is Sundays. December has flown by - Christmas is in a week! Tuesday is the kids last day of school, today is Kurt's last day of work (hopefully) so then I'm praying we will have time together as a family to feel the spirit of Christ like this video says. I am thankful for this time of year - I love it. I love the lights, the music, the baking, making cards, decorating, watching Christmas movies, and most of all the opportunity to celebrate my Saviors birth. It just flies by because we're so hectic. I can't wait for the break! I hope everyone is having a fun December and we all make it through with some sanity!

PS - today is the 16th anniversary of when Kurt and I were sealed in the temple. Baby Matthew was there and we just found out I was pregnant with Reece. It was before my morning sickness hit which made it even better! ; ) I will never forget when they brought my little Matthew in the sealing room in his little white jump suit that looked like Elvis. They sat him on the alter and he smiled his sweet smile and put his hand over Kurt's and mine like "lets get this show on the road - it's about time!" My whole family was there and after the 3 of us were sealed, my nephew Scott was sealed to his parents, as it was the 6 month mark after he was adopted. It was a very special day.

No comments: