Life is just full of the same busy stuff around here. I'll break it down kid by kid -
Matthew is in the thick of the robotic season. This keeps him at school most nights til after dinner, then rushing home to get his homework done hopefully by 10:30 - 11. The game this year looks fun and easier for the audience to figure out what's going on. Here's the low down:
The Portland regional is in March so we'll be making the annual trip down to cheer on the team. It's a lot of fun. Matthew also wants to do track this year and needs to find a job. He's 1/2 way done with his junior year and heading into adulthood... it's a bit overwhelming, I don't think he's looking forward to it! : ) His Jazz choir had a dessert fundraiser that was a blast. It's very surreal for me to watch my son sing in the jazz choir - my mind goes right back to mine! Scatting still sends terror to my heart.
James Taylor -
Ray Charles -
Future Reece --
This is a video he did with some friends for school. I LOVE to see Reece dance which doesn't happen much at home anymore. I also LOVE to hear him say this many words in a row. That doesn't happen much anymore either... : ( uh... and I don't think I've EVER heard Reece laugh as hard as he did after watching the last scene. BOYS!
Speaking of my 15 year old boy, have you watched "the middle"? it's on Wed. nights I think at 8. Either NBC or ABC, not sure. Anyway, watch it. You won't be sorry. And think of Reece. You'll know why when you start watching. hehehe
Kenzie is a busy girl. She's striving for a 4.0 this year (all year) so there's a lot of time spent on homework and projects. She's the beehive class president and involved in ASB at school. She's in the school play so she's got rehearsals multiple times a week for that, oh and she's in the school talent show in Feb. so there's rehearsals for that also. Don't forget piano. Ya, she's busy and stressed a lot. I don't like to see my 13 year old stressed, but I don't know how to slow this girl down! She's a lot like her father... : ) Here is her choir from their performance last week -
Tayler's class put this play together for Martin Luther King Jr. day. Doesn't she make a cute little Rosa Parks?
She wants to try out for her school play, Wizard of Oz. She's a good little actor, I hope she gets a part. She gets to go to Camp Casey in March and we're really excited for her. With all the budget cuts it almost didn't happen but with fundraisers and parents paying a little more they get to go. It's so much fun - I remember going and the other 3 kids went as well. She's really excited.
She gets back from that the day my niece, Paige is getting married (April 2). I'm helping put the reception together and it's coming along nicely. I also have another RS activity to do in March. Kurt and I get to go away for my birthday in a week. YAY is all I can say. We've been trying to get away since his birthday in October and it's finally happening. The boys' Eagle court of honor is THIS Sunday. I'm so proud of them! There will be LOTS of pictures from that SOON!



1 comment:
I wish I could draw....:(
Post a Comment