Tuesday, August 3

Part II

(Kenzie got off to Girls Camp this morning lucky girl. I L-O-V-E-D girls camp growing up and it's fun for me to see how much she loves it too. The boys are still gone til Saturday so it's just Tayler and me. I thought a fun girl day was in order but she wanted friends instead. So there's 3 friends here now and they're about to watch a movie so I have plenty of time for Part II)

The Beach.

We only went to the ocean twice in 2 weeks. Is this a crime? Sometimes I feel it is but it was just so hard to leave the comfort of our own pool to endure crowded beaches and sand... even though the ocean is my favorite place.

Hanauma Bay is a nature preserve that was just a few minutes from the house. This is where we snorkeled, or tried to anyway. Our snorkels weren't the greatest and we were getting cut up on the coral but we did see some pretty cool fish. They make you watch a video before going to the beach, making sure you understand not to feed the fish, don't leave anything or take anything, etc... it was only 10 minutes so not that bad.
Reece kept chasing the birds...
These little weasels were everywhere. We don't actually know what they are but eewww right?
Kurt loved these wind and solar powered street lights.
I loved the trees.
The cave of wonders...

Waikiki was HOT and fun but crowded. It was just about impossible to find a parking spot but it was fun to drive through and see the shops and hotels.
Matt's lego man ~
Kenzie's Sponge Bob ~
After the beach we ate at the Cheesecake Factory. Yummy! One wall was just open to the outside and pigeons were walking around everywhere looking for scraps. You'd be eating and feel little pokes on your feet and look down and they're just walking around under your table.
I've decided Part III will be the
Temple & Polynesian Cultural Center.

Are you on the edge of your seat? : )

No comments: