Thursday, July 23

hecka tight dude

Lately I've been feeling like I just might not make it through these teenage boys. Read if you like, I just need to get my thoughts down. Matthew really just keeps to himself and is quiet. I know he tries so hard to do what is right. It's hard to get him off his computer and spend time with us. He will after some prodding and we have fun together. Reece is a lot of fun when he wants to be. Once and a while an attitude shines through that is less than desireable but that usually doesn't last long. I know he also tries hard to make good choices. He has lots of friends over and for the most part they are nice boys, some are nicer than others. I try to be upbeat and friendly, ignoring their looks like I'm an idiot. (when exactly did I turn into that idiot and become an embarrassment? I completely disagree! : ) I want our house to be where they want to hang out... but I can only take so much talk about bodily functions, (um, and hearing those functions) before it's really not funny anymore - to me at least... they think it's the funniest thing ever! : ) I don't know if it's because I'm a young mom and feel like a teenager still myself but it's just WEIRD and STRANGE to have your sons grow taller than you and become men before your eyes. They really are so much fun and I love them more than anything. I just need to stay happy and cheerful, smiling through the tears when they're cranky monsters boys. Oh, I'm not mentioning my 2 daughters. They aren't technically teenagers -yet- and OH they can be fun! But I do get some beautiful glares and fabulous eye rolls from them as well.


I know! I'll follow my loving mother's example...

Here I am at Disneyland no less. I really think these pictures speak for themselves.
What goes around, comes around right?!?!?
If you've read this post and are curious about the title and aren't familiar with a 14 year old boys vocabulary,

it translates to: "really cool man"

5 comments:

Julie said...

Boy, what were you so grumpy about? Those pictures are hilarious! I also love hearing your thoughts about your kids. All this time I thought your life was charmed and wondering how I ended up with kids who can be less than enjoyable!

JayShay said...

I'm so glad I am not the only one with cranky monsters, I mean kids! 'Just smile and wave boys, just smile and wave!' Jay and I say that alot. I keep hearing that one day they will grow up and want to talk to us again. I guess we'll wait and see. For now I am right in the boat with you!

csbengoa said...

What happened to Disneyland being the Happiest Place on Earth? I guess doesn't apply to teenagers. Good luck, Megan.

Brooke said...

Oh Meg, those pics cracked me up. You can tell those boys love you, just be patient for 10 more years and you will make it! I feel the same way with Jane, she is such a sweet good girl, she is never embarrassed by me yet but she will argue over anything, not crossly. She just questions everything and I am just starting into the teens.
You'll make it!

Joanne said...

Haha! Funniest Disneyland pics ever!