Halloween was fun. It's getting different around here and I'm noticing it more and more. Different in that I don't have to help my kids with much and they're not here very often. I'm getting used to it, even though I don't like it... but thankfully I still have a 10 year old that needs me. : )
Here's Reece waiting to head to a haunted corn maze with friends.
Kenzie the ninja heading out to her party/trick-or-treating with her friends.
Tayler and her friend Sara were actually here and went trick-or-treating with my dad.
Where's Matthew you ask? He was at a party as well and left before I got out the camera.
Kurt, my mom, and I hung out watching a movie and made apple crisp. Yum-O. I love seeing all the cute trick-or-treaters that come by and I hate that they're scared of my porch...
Kurt, my mom, and I hung out watching a movie and made apple crisp. Yum-O. I love seeing all the cute trick-or-treaters that come by and I hate that they're scared of my porch...
It's not THAT scary... fog machine, music, spiders and a witch?
This is my little nook by the front door. I LOVED putting this together.
Dollar store + Goodwill + black spray paint =
total spooky awesomeness.
total spooky awesomeness.
Isn't this a gorgeous view down our street? I love the fall colors.
I mentioned apple crisp. I have a funny apple story.
Ok. I have a friend with really good fruit connections. REALLY good prices and I've heard her talking about it every summer and finally I remembered and told her I wanted in on those connections. So she hooked me up with peaches and pears and she told me apples will be available in early October. She asked me if I knew how many boxes I would want. I didn't really know, I thought my mom would want some and maybe my sister so I said 10, thinking she would let me know when the order was being made. This was around Labor Day, and then I got sick and didn't think about it again.
After I got better I knew I needed to make applesauce. I hadn't heard anything from her, so I headed to our local farmer's market and picked up 4, 20lb boxes and made my applesauce. My shelves are wonderfully full of canned fruit. It's be-U-ti-ful! This was about the 13th.
Last week, I think on Monday, I get a call from her.
"The apples are in. I have your 10 boxes."
"Uh... Ok. Uh..."
"You did want the 10 boxes, right?"
"Yes, I want them. (Thinking, did I REALLY order 10 boxes? What will I do with another 200lbs of apples???) How much were they again?"
"$20 a box"
"Wait, aren't they 20lb boxes?"
"No - they're 40lb boxes."
WHAT???
I have 400 pounds of apples waiting for me???
I laughed a little and said, bring 'em on over!
Yes people.
I had 400 pounds of apples in my garage. My mom took 2 boxes, Kelle took 2, my friend took 1 and Kurt took 1 to work. So we're down to 4, 3 1/2 actually, because we've been eating them. They are de-lish! Will I make more applesauce? That is still to be determined. As for now, there is a lovely apple crisp left over from last night and we're about to dig in. ; )







2 comments:
That is freaking hilarious!
Oh Megan, if they had a contest for Mormon Mother of the year, you would win for sure! I don't even know how to can. You are incredible!
Post a Comment